Labour relations form an integral part of the HR function of any organisation. All our consultants at Joubert & Associates are abreast with latest trends and changes in labour legislation and case law. We have a well-founded understanding of the practical application of labour law in the workplace, putting us in a position to offer excellent labour relations support to our clients. Our consultants proactively seek to mitigate risks within your business by managing conflict and adding value by implementing practical solutions to labour related problems. Disciplinary, grievance and union related issues also form a central part of the services which we provide.
These services include:
- Drafting a disciplinary policy (which forms part of the company’s personnel policy).
- Employment relations strategy development.
- Conflict management interventions.
- Mentoring on the theory and practice of employment law and employment relations.
- Drafting contracts of employment and related documents.
- Ensuring that all employment related practices and procedures are compliant with relevant legislation and best practices.
- Facilitating restructuring & retrenchment processes (related to operational requirements) according to the Labour Relations Act (Section 189).
- Chairing disciplinary hearings, incapacity investigations, grievance resolutions and work performance counselling sessions.
- Representing employers at the CCMA (conciliation and arbitration).
- Negotiations with trade unions relating to collective agreements and dispute resolutions.
We also provide in-house training workshops to empower our clients to chair or present evidence at disciplinary hearings themselves. Such training includes:
- Customised content aligned with identified client training needs.
- Industry related practical exercises, case studies and role plays.
- Comprehensive training material consisting of practical guidelines and frameworks for later usage by the client.
- An overview of Labour Legislation and Code of Good Practice context.
- Rights and duties of the parties involved in the employment relationship.
- An overview of positive discipline.
- A focus on substantive and procedural fairness.
- The disciplinary investigation and hearing.
- CCMA processes and procedures (Condonation; Conciliation; Arbitration).
We gladly assist our clients with any disciplinary matters as to ensure compliance and a constructive outcome.