The services that we offer are client specific and aimed at the organisation’s own needs. We believe that our business is driven by the results achieved within our client base and therefore the main aim of our involvement is to improve the organisation’s performance. Through a planned and systematic process of change, organisations are guided to adapt to the changing economic, social and political climate in South Africa, that practically manifests in increased efficiency, productivity and profitability.
The company offers services in all the focus areas of the Human Resources field – which include labour relations, recruitment and selection, training and development, personnel remuneration, human resources systems and administration. These services are offered to corporate clients on a national basis.
Joubert and Associates specialize in the organisational development field and facilitate client-specific change management programs including interventions such as strategic planning, restructuring and re-engineering of organisational structures, organisational culture and climate studies, team building programs, staff development programs and capacity building.
Broader business services within associated fields such as marketing, finance and BEE consultation are offered in conjunction with a well-established network of business partners.
“Change management for better performance!”
- Needs analysis to identify existing organisational problems (and their causes).
- Assessing organisational culture and climate.
- Assist with the determining and implementing of organisational development strategies.
- Development, implementation and facilitation of interventions for enhanced performance (strategic planning, team building, etc).
- Project management and coordination.
Labour relations form an integral part of any organisation. Since all consultants at Joubert & Associates have updated knowledge of the applicable legislation and case law, as well as a well-grounded understanding of the correct application of labour law in the workplace, we are in a position to offer excellent labour relations expertise to our clients. Disciplinary issues also form part of the services which we provide.
This will include drafting a disciplinary policy (which forms part of the company’s personnel policy), chairing disciplinary hearings, representing employer’s at the CCMA (at conciliation and arbitration) and also offering training to employer representatives in terms of how to prepare and present evidence during a disciplinary hearing or acting as an internal chairperson. We will gladly assist our clients with any disciplinary matters as to ensure compliance and a constructive outcome.
“Skilled and knowledgeable personnel!”
- Proven training packages for management, supervisors and operational employees.
- Research, development and implementation of custom made training programmes as to the unique needs of the client.
- Personnel assessment (TTI programmes) and career planning.
- Compilation of Skills Development and Employment Equity plans and reports).
- Compliance with the requirements of the Skills Development Act (Act no. 97 of 1998).
Personnel Recruitment / Selection
“The right person for the right job!”
- Determining personnel requirements (job and person specification).
- Recruitment (coordinating and placing of advertisements).
- Handling response to and administration of recruitment projects.
- Screening of most suitable candidates.
- Conducting interviews.
- Psychometric testing and substantiating references.
- Drafting contracts of employment.
- Compliance with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act (Act no. 55 of 1998)
- Compilation of Employment Equity plans.
“Market related and reasonable remuneration!”
- Payroll administration (VIP system).
- Market research to establish tendencies in remuneration.
- Job evaluation/grading (internal and external comparison).
- Determining salary scales and guidelines.
- Advice on administrative issues (Basic Conditions of Employment Act – Act no. 75 of 1997 and other relevant legislation).
“Efficient management of people within the organisation!”
- Compilation and maintenance of organisation specific personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of efficient personnel administration and databases.
- Development and maintenance of human resources systems.
- Development of efficient organisational structures and job descriptions (organisation restructuring).
- Development and maintenance of management information systems and assessments (e.g. absenteeism, productivity, creativity etc.)
- Implementation of performance and merit appraisal systems.
“Provide comprehensive specialist and support services in conjunction with network partners!”
- Strategic leadership and management.
- Legal services.
- Marketing and PR services.
- Financial management services.
- Employee benefits.
Joubert and Associates specialise in Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) consulting. This includes preparing a BBBEE strategy (action plan with clearly defined deliverables), which will enable clients to attain the best BBBEE status possible. We also assist clients before and during the verification process, which include the following:
- Preparing the required documentation for each of the seven elements.
- Evaluating the documentation and ensuring that the best possible status is achieved.
- Preparing the entity for on-site verification.
- Lowering BBBEE verification costs (knowing what is relevant and what will make an impact).
- Develop strategies in conjunction with the entity in order to improve the next year’s BEE status.
The above steps ensure that our clients understand the requirements correctly, streamline the process, develop procedures and processes which will cut down on preparation time and costs and have an action plan on how to improve on the current status.
Joubert and Associates assist companies with compiling an HR strategy which is aligned with the organisational strategy and business plan. This ensures that the HR function contributes towards the effectiveness of the organisation. Part of aligning the company strategy and the HRM strategy is to ensure that policies and procedures are correctly documented.
Joubert and Associates develop tailor-made policies for our clients who comply with legislation, best practices and with the company’s individual circumstances. We also assist with the negotiation process and implementation of the company policies.
Psigometriese toetsing word in Suid-Afrika deur wetgewing gereguleer en mag slegs onder toesig van ‘n geregistreerde psigometris of sielkundige gebruik word. Toetsing behels ‘n gekontroleerde en objektiewe meetinstrument waarop ‘n persoon sy gedrag openbaar deur middel van die beantwoording van vrae, of deur probleme op te los. Die gedrag waartoe die persoon in staat is, word bepaal en geëvalueer teenoor ‘n norm of bepaalde standaarde.
Psigometriese toetsing word gebruik vir die vasstelling van individuele verskille met betrekking tot algemene intelligensie, aanleg en nie-kognitiewe persoonlikheidstrekke.
Ten einde effektief te wees in werwing en keuring, moet psigometriese assessering deel vorm van ‘n breër menslikehulpbron-bestuur proses: dit is noodsaaklik om eerstens ‘n akkurate posbeskrywing op te stel, wat dan gebruik word om die ideale persoonsprofiel vir die pos te bepaal. Wanneer die kandidaat dan onderwerp word aan psigometriese assessering, word ‘n profiel van die kandidaat verkry. Die profiele van verskillende kandidate kan met mekaar en met die posvereistes vergelyk word, en daar kan besluit word op die mees geskikte kandidaat vir die pos.
Joubert en Genote maak gebruik van ‘n kombinasie van meetinstrumente om kandidate te assesseer met betrekking tot die vereistes van die posprofiel:
“Situational Judgement Tests” (SJTs), oftewel die “In-mandjie”-oefening, is ‘n multi-dimensionele psigometriese toets wat ontwerp is om ‘n individu se oordeelsvermoë ten opsigte van werksverwante situasies te assesseer. Navorsing tot op hede wys dat SJTs geldige voorspellers van prestasie is, veral vir bestuursposisies.
Die “DISC”-toets, onderskryf deur Target Training International (TTI) is ‘n persoonlikheidstoets wat kandidate se geneigde styl van optrede meet. Dit is ontwikkel deur Dr. William Moulton Marston.
Die “Myers-Briggs Type indicator” (MBTI) is ‘n persoonlikheidstoets wat mens se voorkeure en manier van besluitneming in ag neem ten einde ‘n persoonlikheidtipe aan te dui. Dit is gebaseer op die sielkundige teorie van Dr. Carl Gustav Jung.
Aanvullende toetse en evalueringsmetodes word na gelang van spesifieke behoeftes gebruik.
Die resultate van bogenoemde toetse word deur gekwalifiseerde bedryfsielkundiges afgeneem en geïnterpreteer in verslagvorm, wat dan die persoonsprofiel uitmaak. Die verslag fokus op die kandidaat se sterkpunte, asook ontwikkelingsareas met betrekking tot die ideale persoonsprofiel vir die pos.
The Joubert & Associates HR Mentorship model includes an in-house HR department and external mentorship program. We believe that the day-to-day management of personnel matters is a line function. The HR department, however, offers a strategic, specialist and administrative support service. A team approach ensures that inputs at all three levels are offered and that management is optimally supported. Within a typical business structure, the HR department can operate as follows: