Technical Sales Manager
Introlab (Pty) Ltd is a South African based input manufacturer and distributor of products for horticultural and field crops. Introlab focuses and invests in the development of well-researched and advanced crop solutions and formulations by implementing the latest technology to provide farmers, both in national and international markets, with a dependable lab-to-land crop solution.
The successful incumbent will have exceptional technical, people and sales skills to lead the company’s area office and area warehouse.
- Compile and implement a sales and marketing strategy for the area that focuses on current performance delivery and future growth performance
- Manage sales and product forecasts based on sales history and budget
- Engage in solution-orientated discussions regarding price lists and conduct daily liaison with procurement officers from relevant distribution companies
- Remain informed on competing products and area strategies
- Offer dependable technical support to agents and farmers on a variety of crops
- Co-ordinate product training, promotions and marketing in general
- Play a leading role in and assist with research and demonstration trials
- Assist in the development and identification of niche market products/opportunities
- Assist the marketing team with the compilation of technical information to all stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification in Plant, Soil or Agricultural Sciences
- AVCASA and BASOS certificates (will be advantageous)
- Diploma / certificate / courses in financial management / administration / marketing (will strengthen the application)
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical sales and business development experience in commercial agriculture
- Hands-on experience in crop production, farm implements, irrigation and general agricultural practice
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Willing to travel extensively in designated area and country wide (upon request)
A market-related remuneration package, in accordance with qualifications and experience, will be agreed upon with the successful candidate.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.