Website Good Hope Fruit
Good Hope Fruit
Good Hope Fruit is a marketer of fresh fruit grown sustainably and responsibly, and shipped globally for consumers to enjoy.
The company has a vacancy for a Technical Officer to join their Technical & Quality department on the 1st of January 2022. The Technical Officer will provide technical services to the company’s citrus packhouses and producers (based in Citrusdal) in order to ensure the delivery of high-quality fruit to the company’s clients.
- Advise packhouses regarding technical and quality requirements and do pack house inspections to ensure adherence to client/market specifications
- Write packing programmes and ensure the correct implementation of packing programmes
- Give harvest guidance and determine harvest readiness
- Administer quality claims, advise marketing team in this regard and write relevant reports
- Assist the packhouse personnel in preparing for external audits
- Reporting to the Technical & Quality Manager
- Relevant post matric agricultural/science related qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in the fruit industry
- Above average computer skills (MS Office)
- Good working knowledge of quality systems, implementation and audits
- Valid driver’s licence and willingness to travel
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people on all levels
- Ability to function well under pressure and prioritise tasks
A market-related and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, based on experience, skills and competencies.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.