Website ORO Agri
Research Specialist: Microbials
Oro Agri, with their head office in Somerset West, develops and markets eco-friendly and patented crop protection products that are distributed throughout South Africa and the Sub-Sahara region.
This position offers a challenging opportunity for a flexible and well adapted researcher with an appetite for solving industry challenges and developing dynamic solutions to meet the company’s strategic objectives. Reporting to the Technical Manager: Research & Innovation, the successful candidate will form part of a global team within a dynamic international company.
Key Performance Areas:
- Managing microbial focused Research Projects with the assistance of the Research and Innovation Team
- Managing and overseeing Culturing Unit production, quality control and upscaling of microbial based products
- Executing novel research on microbial products and formulation development
- Planning, execution and reporting of research findings
- Managing internal stakeholder interaction
- MSc Plant Pathology / Microbiology
- Minimum 10 years’ industry/research experience in the agricultural sector
- Background in entomopathogenic fungi and Trichoderma would be advantageous
- Professional knowledge of research standards, practices and equipment
- Practical laboratory skills for execution of research
- Well versed in microbial techniques
- Ability to critically search and analyse information
- Well-developed verbal and written (report writing) communication skills
- High level of accuracy, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Good time management and problem-solving skills
A market-related remuneration package will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.