Oro Agri SA (Pty) Ltd. is a member of the OMNIA Group and manufactures patented crop protection products and bio-stimulants that are distributed throughout South Africa and the Sub-Sahara region. Our proprietary OROWET® Technology is based on cold pressed orange oil and bio-degradable surfactants.
This senior position based in the Free State, offers a challenging opportunity as part of a dynamic management team focused on the crop protection market. The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Manager, Sub Sahara Region.
- Strategic planning and executing of a regional sales and marketing plan to grow the market share in North West, Free State and KwaZulu-Natal.
- Information transfer and liaison with relevant role-players such as farmers, agents, distributors, researchers and consultants.
- Technical training of distributors’ agents and technical staff and the support of Oro Agri products with regard to queries, investigations and complaints.
- Liaison with and information gathering from the marketplace and timeous sharing thereof with management team.
- Presentations, marketing and promotion of Oro Agri products to agent and farmers through farmers days, farm and depot visits.
- Account management and relationship building with distributors’ management and agents
Requirements (to be clearly indicated in the candidate’s CV):
- A relevant tertiary qualification in agriculture or marketing. An AVCASA qualification will be advantageous.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position related to technical sales support and marketing in crop protection or bio-stimulant market.
- Proven experience in the South African and African crop protection industry and distribution networks.
- Knowledge of market requirements, success drivers, entry barriers, etc.
- Technical knowledge of crop protection products (including bio-pesticides), integrated pest management and crop knowledge of the central region.
- Experienced in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum language requirement: Excellent proficiency in Afrikaans and English (spoken and written).
- Excellent communication skills (including public speaking and presenting) as well as the computer literacy to support these skills.
- Big picture thinking and ability to analyse and interpret trends and patterns in the market.
- Self-starting, disciplined and motivated to achieve deadlines and commercial goals.Big picture thinking and ability to analyse and interpret trends and patterns in the market.
A full market related remuneration package will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Only candidates fulfilling these requirements will be considered for the position.
Please send your CV as soon as possible to Menanteau Swart at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.