Website ORO Agri
Southern & Eastern Cape
Oro Agri SA (Pty) Ltd. is a member of the Rovensa Group and manufactures patented crop protection products and bio-stimulants that are distributed throughout South Africa and the Sub-Sahara region.
This challenging career opportunity, focusing on the crop protection market, is based in the Southern & Eastern Cape. The successful incumbent will form part of a dynamic senior management team and will report to the Commercial Manager – Sub Sahara Region.
- Strategic planning and executing of a regional marketing and sales plan to grow the market share in the Southern Cape, Garden Route and Eastern Cape
- Information transfer and liaison with relevant role-players such as farmers, technical advisors / agents, distributors, researchers and consultants
- Technical training of distributors’ technical advisors / agents and technical staff and the support of Oro Agri products w.r.t. queries, investigations and complaints
- Liaison with and information gathering from the marketplace and timeous sharing thereof with management team
- Presentations, marketing and promotion of Oro Agri products to technical advisors / agents and farmers through farmers days, farm and depot visits
- Account management and relationship building with distributors, management and technical advisors / agents
- A relevant tertiary qualification in agriculture (AVCASA qualification will be an advantage)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position related to technical sales support and marketing in crop protection or bio-stimulant market
- Proven experience in the South African and African crop protection industry & distribution networks
- Knowledge of market requirements, success drivers, entry barriers, etc.
- Technical knowledge of crop protection products (including bio-pesticides), integrated pest management and crop knowledge of this region
- Excellent proficiency in Afrikaans and English (spoken and written)
- Excellent communication skills (including public speaking & presenting) as well as outstanding computer literacy (MS Office) to support these skills
- Big picture thinking and ability to analyse and interpret trends and patterns in the market
- Self-starting, disciplined and motivated to achieve deadlines and commercial goals
- Preferably reside on the Garden Route (or close to the N2)
A market-related remuneration package will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.