Associated Fruit Processors
FOOD TECHNOLOGY: QUALITY ASSURANCE
Associated Fruit Processors (AFP), an affiliate of Coca Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA), requires the services of a dynamic Food Technologist to join the company’s management team (reporting directly to MD).
The incumbent will be responsible to promote the manufacturing of safe food products, improve current products and help facilitate new product development.
– Responsible for all aspects of quality assurance accreditations (including ISO 22000 and FSSC 22000)
– Implementation, improvement and maintenance of the food safety management program
– Quality control inspections (compliance with manufacturing procedures and standards)
– Quality and food safety audits
– New product development and implementation
– Communication with customers, suppliers and service providers
– Non-conformances: assess and implement corrective action
– Documenting and monitoring internal and external audits and non-conformances
– Development of SOP’s and training of staff
– Problem-solving regarding technical and customer queries
– Oversee receiving and inspections of raw material
– Sample management and interpretation of results
– Manage quality assurance staff
– A relevant Food Science or Food Technology qualification
– Proven experience in quality control, food safety and/or product development
– Advanced knowledge of the ISO and FSSC quality assurance systems
– Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
– Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
– Extensive experience in performance and staff management
The company offers market related remuneration and bene¬fits, based on the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.