Packing Machine Operator
Our client, situated in Muizenberg in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town, is an international and fast-growing food manufacturing facility which operates under extreme food safety conditions and standards.
The company’s Manufacturing Department is looking for a Packing Machine Operator to work in the Packing Room. The ideal candidates have experience in the FMCG industry. The job incumbents will report to the Production Supervisor.
- Adhering to food safety rules and regulations
- Adhering to and implementing standard operating procedures
- Calibrating scales using weights
- Conducting visual inspections and verifications on packing machines, X-Ray machine, printing machine
- Operating X-Ray machine using various test pieces
- Operating packing machines and printing machines
- Taking samples of products for testing
- Performing weight tests on product pouches
- Completing necessary paperwork: verification checklists, hygiene checklists, cleaning checklists, weight monitoring sheets, non-conformances, batch preparation sheets, production sheets, rejection sheets, requisition forms
- Performing cleaning and sanitation procedures according to standard operating procedures
- Providing assistance in other departments, as and when required
- Matric qualification
- Food factory and food safety experience
- Production / Manufacturing knowledge and experience
- Health and Safety training and experience
- Must be willing to work shifts
The company offers market-related remuneration and benefits, based on the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.