Website Sonlia Fruit Pack House
Fruit Pack House in Wellington
Sonlia Fruit Pack House is a fruit packing company, situated in Wellington, which packs various types of fruit (such as citrus, prunes, nectarines, pomegranates etc.) for various producers.
The company requires the services of a Quality Controller (Optical Sorting Officer) who will report to the Pack House Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of the electronic defect sorting system, which includes the following:
- Optimal programming and adjustment of the optical sorting machine
- Ensure that the optical defect sorting technology functions correctly according to guidelines
- Setup of packaging programmes and packaging standards on the optical sorting machine
- Support and maintain DiPAR quality control system
- Monitor quality of machine-sorted fruit
- Maintenance of computer software with technical assistance from supplier
- Related administrative tasks
- Grade 12 (Relevant BSc degree will be advantageous)
- Approximately 1 year experience in a similar role with defect sorting technology in the fruit industry
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office – especially Excel)
- Experience on DiPAR quality control computer software will strengthen the application
- Accurate, detail orientated and thorough individual
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (English & Afrikaans)
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Willing to work overtime and outside normal working hours
A market-related remuneration package, in accordance with qualifications and experience, will be agreed upon with the successful candidate.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.