Laastedrif Agri is a well-established market-leader in the production of quality fruit and vegetables. An excellent career opportunity is available in Ceres for an analytical and dynamic self-starter who is able to align packhouse operations with the overall business objectives.
• Manage and coordinate optimal utilisation of labour, products, packaging and packing material of all pack houses
• Operational planning, executing and adjusting packing programmes according to demand and quality protocols
• Oversee quality and safety systems according to relevant regulations e.g. BRC
• Optimise packing activities to improve the bottom-line cost chain
• Negotiations with suppliers and key clients
• Control, manage and report on operations budget, costings and productivity measurements
• People management
• Support the Managing Director with strategic projects and decision-making
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum criteria:
• Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Agricultural Economy, Operational Management, Finance)
• At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role (Operational Management in the agricultural environment)
• Strong decision maker with excellent grasp of both long- and short-term macro / micro issues of business, operations (production / supply chain) and other resources
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong focus and understanding of profitability, costings, data and auditing
• Highly organised and structured with a strong work ethic
Only candidates fulfilling the minimum requirements will be considered for the position.
CLOSING DATE: 25 November 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.