Our client is an international food manufacturing facility operating under extreme safety conditions and standards. With a strict food safety culture, the company has seen immense progression and development and is in need of a Maintenance Engineer to lead the maintenance team.
The ideal candidate has experience in the FMCG industry, specifically in a management or supervisory role. The incumbent will report to the Technical Manager.
- Adhering to food safety rules and regulations
- Managing planning and task execution of maintenance staff and contractors
- Providing technical assistance and acting as stand-in for Technical Manager as required
- Managing and maintaining job card system
- Overseeing and assisting with machinery repair work
- Developing planned maintenance schedule
- Managing the planned and unplanned maintenance system
- Providing technical and mechanical insight in terms of technical, mechanical and electrical fault-finding as well as problem-solving
- Managing maintenance budget
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintaining critical spares records and inventory
- Liaising with contractors and service providers
- Diploma or degree (Mechanical Engineering)
- Computer literate (MS Office, ERP systems)
- Food factory and food safety experience
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise
- Practical experience in the electrical and mechanical fields
- Reliable / consistent personality
- Detail-oriented and structured
- Stand-by and call-outs are required
The company offers market-related remuneration and benefits, based on the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.