Website ORO Agri
innovation at work
Head of Technical Communication & Marketing (Sub-Sahara Africa)
Strand, Western Cape
Oro Agri SA (Pty) Ltd. is a member of the OMNIA Group and manufactures patented crop protection products and biostimulants that are distributed throughout South Africa and the Sub-Sahara region. Our proprietary OROWET® Technology is based on cold pressed orange oil and bio-degradable surfactants. This senior position based in Strand, Western Cape, offers a challenging opportunity as part of a dynamic management team focused on the crop protection market in the Sub-Sahara region. The successful candidate will report to the GM, Sub Sahara Region.
1. Strategic planning of the annual marketing strategy to grow corporate and product brand value.
2. Information transfer & Marketing:
- Gather and maintain market information to develop marketing strategy
- Convert new research data into marketing materials, incl. technical brochures, presentations etc.
- Writing of advertisements, advertorials and media releases for digital, social and paper media in co-operation with internal graphic designer
- Arranging sponsorships, attending conferences and general liaising with industry bodies to build the company image.
- Training of customers and sales staff
- Strategic planning and steering of research to expand product portfolio
- Identify potential new products to develop or incorporate in product portfolio
- Liaise with OMNIA research division and international ORO divisions to exploit synergies.
- Financial planning and management of marketing budget
- Plan and arrange incoming tours for local and international customers
- Required to travel locally and to international Group meetings.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (preferably post graduate level in biological sciences and / or marketing)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar management position related to technical sales support and marketing in crop protection or bio-stimulant market
- Proven experience in the South African and African crop protection industry & distribution networks
- Knowledge of market requirements, success drivers, entry barriers, etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge of pest control products (including bio-pesticides), Integrated pest management programs and crop knowledge in the Sub-Sahara region
- Experience in digital marketing, including social media
- Minimum language requirement: Excellent proficiency in Afrikaans and English (spoken and written)
- Excellent communication skills (including public speaking/presenting, social media) as well as computer literacy to support these skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse and interpret data and trial reports
- Disciplined and motivated to achieve deadlines and commercial goals.
A market related remuneration package will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Only candidates fulfilling these requirements will be considered for the position.
To apply, kindly send your CV as soon as possible to Joep Joubert at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.