Website ORO Agri
Head of Product Development & Marketing
(for Sub-Sahara Africa)
Oro Agri SA (Pty) Ltd. is a member of the Rovensa Group and manufactures patented crop protection products and bio-stimulants that are distributed throughout South Africa and the Sub-Sahara region. Our proprietary OROWET® Technology is based on cold pressed orange oil and bio-degradable surfactants.
This senior position based in Strand, Western Cape, offers a challenging opportunity as part of a dynamic management team focused on the crop protection market in the Sub-Sahara region. The successful candidate will report to the GM, Sub-Sahara Region.
- Strategic Product Development:
- Strategic planning and steering of research to expand product portfolio
- Identify potential new products to develop or incorporate in product portfolio
- Liaise with Rovensa product development division and international divisions to exploit synergies
- Tactical implementation of the development plan:
- Developing protocols to ensure focussed product development in the SSA region
- Oversee in-house development team operations
- Management of contracted trials
- Data and Trial Report Analysis and Project management
- Information transfer & Trade Marketing:
- Convert new research data into marketing materials, incl. technical brochures, presentations etc.
- Planning and preparation of advertisements, advertorials and media releases for digital, social and paper media, in co-operation with internal marketing support
- Liaise with external design company to create marketing materials based on global guidelines
- Arranging sponsorships, attending conferences and general liaison with industry bodies to build the company image
- Knowledge transfer to sales staff in support of sales activities
- Financial planning and management of marketing budget
- Plan and arrange incoming tours for local and international customers
- Required to travel locally and to international Group meetings
- Proven experience in the South African and African crop protection industry and distribution networks. (Knowledge of market requirements, success drivers, entry barriers, etc.)
- Relevant tertiary qualification (preferably post graduate level in biological sciences and / or marketing)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar management position related to technical sales, support and marketing in crop protection or bio-stimulant market
- Excellent technical knowledge of pest control products (including bio-pesticides), integrated pest management programs and crop knowledge in the Sub-Sahara region
- Minimum language requirement: Excellent proficiency in Afrikaans and English (spoken and written)
- Excellent communication skills (including public speaking/presenting, social media) as well as computer literacy to support these skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse and interpret data and trial reports
- Disciplined and motivated to achieve deadlines and commercial goals
A market-related remuneration package will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.