Associated Fruit Processors (AFP), an affiliate of Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA), currently requires the services of a Financial Controller to oversee the day-to-day accounting and treasury functions, and initiate the month-end closing and reporting processes. The incumbent will report to the Financial Manager and will work closely with all other departments in order to maintain and enhance internal and administrative controls.
Key Performance Areas:
- Control and manage the ledgers (GL, AR and AP) and take ownership of the accuracy of financial records
- Management of standard costs and variance analysis to drive corrective actions
- Preparation of timeous and accurate consolidated financial management accounts
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly forecast processes
- Lead and develop finance team members
- Submissions and reconciliation of all statutory obligations
- Year-end and internal audits and deliverables
- Management of all stock control functions
- Management of cash flow
- Preparation of quarterly BBBEE monitoring reports and assist with preparations for annual BBBEE verification
- Ad-hoc assistance to the Financial Manager and/or Managing Director
- An applicable tertiary qualification in a relevant field of study
- CA(SA) or CIMA qualification preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years management experience.
- Exceptional financial and commercial acumen with general business knowledge
- Proven experience in financial planning and analysis, stock control and costings
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with ERP systems and MIS software, with strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS and relevant tax legislation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Independent problem-solver and thorough analytical skills
The company offers market related remuneration and benefits, based on the successful applicant’s experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.