Winfield United South Africa is a subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, a USA Fortune 500 Company, with a number of agricultural crop protection and plant nutrition brands in its local stall including wholesale (Winfield United, Villa Crop Protection, Meridian Agritech) and retail brands (Winfield United, InteliGro, InteliSeed, InteliFert) as well as independent consultation services (ProCrop). Winfield United has the product range, technologies and insights to assist all growers, big or small, with the solutions and innovation to improve their yield and quality of crops.
An exciting opportunity exists for a visionary and commercially minded Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead a dynamic and dedicated management team in reaching excellence as a new era in the agricultural industry starts to dawn. The incumbent will be based in Kempton Park, Gauteng.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Land O’Lakes Vice President International / Africa, the CEO is responsible for successfully leading and managing Winfield United SA according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The primary role of the CEO is to maximise return on investment for all shareholders through the development of a sustainable Company and to ensure successful integration between the Wholesale and Retail entities to ensure that the overall strategy, vision, mission and goals are met.
This position will be required to comply with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) as part of the United States law.
Qualification, experience & knowledge
- A relevant, preferably advanced, tertiary qualification in business, finance or agriculture
- 8 – 10 year’s relevant experience in a similar executive managerial role, preferably in the agricultural industry
- Professional knowledge and insight with regard to the strategic and operational functioning of business enterprises
- A proven record of change management, facilitation and implementation
- Thorough knowledge of relevant organisational legislation including the Companies Act
- A proven record of success and wide knowledge of the Agricultural industry will be an advantage
- A proven record of strategic business realignment
- Strategic insight regarding all aspects of the agricultural value chain and business environment is preferable
Skills and competencies
- Display skills in strategic and visionary thinking and excellent organisational skills
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Exceptional level of leadership, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of business ethics, integrity, confidentiality and discretionary skills
- Persuasive negotiator, positive conflict management style, diplomatic and effective problem solver
- Highly motivated, goal orientated and promote a performance culture
- Ensure each entity has a clearly defined, but agile business strategy and drive such strategies to ensure that the overall Group strategy, vision and mission are achieved
- Drive a high performing company culture that is change ready, adaptable and resilient
- Research and implement new opportunities and initiatives to drive revenue and lower operating costs whilst maintaining quality products and service offerings that are competitive whilst delivering excellent customer support
- Effective strategic partnership building with key industry suppliers and stakeholders for the advancement of the overall Group image and brand building
- Overall management of the Group’s risk profile which includes the evaluation of risks and implementation of measures to mitigate such risks
An appointment can only be finalised pending final approval from the Competition Commission to proceed with the proposed merger between Villa Crop Protection and InteliChem.
Only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted for an interview. Shortlisted applicants may be subjected to competency assessment and/or background checks and may be required to submit proof of tertiary qualification/s.
To apply for this job please visit www.dittojobs.com.