Website ORO Agri
agrochemical products for global distribution
ATTORNEY: PATENT LAW SPECIALIST
STRAND, WESTERN CAPE
Oro Agri – a division of Omnia – is an established international company in the agrochemical industry with its headquarters in South Africa, who produces in four countries and markets and sells its products in more than 85 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel in Intellectual Property (IP) to join our busy in-house legal department based in Strand, Western Cape. The incumbent must be willing to undertake international trips on a regular basis, acting as the Lead IP Counsel across the globe.
- Lead the IP Creation Activity including developing and implementing of IP strategy, leading the management of the IP Portfolio and manage IP risk
- Advise, negotiate and draft key development contracts, collaboration agreements, R&D contracts, teaming agreements, Trade Mark licenses and NDA’s
- Govern the creation / ownership, use and confidentiality of Group IP and supporting the legal team in major commmercial and corporate transactions
- Manage major cross border IP matters in a highly commercial environment
- Deal with any IP related litigation and lead the resolution of IP disputes in collaboration with outside consultants as appropriate
- Take the lead on patent management.
- Qualified patent attorney with an Agricultural or Chemical Engineer qualification
- Strong academical skills
- At least 5 years PQE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A commercial / business outlook to work
- Understanding of international IP practises
- Working knowledge of IP management databases (knowledge of Patricia IP management database is preferred, but not required)
- Valid passport.
The company offers a market-related and competitive remuneration package and benefits.
To apply, kindly send your CV as soon as possible
to Joep Joubert at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.