Website ORO Agri
agrochemical products for global distribution
ATTORNEY: CORPORATE CONTRACT SPECIALIST
STRAND, WESTERN CAPE
Oro Agri – a division of Omnia – is an established international company in the agrochemical industry with its headquarters in South Africa, who produces in four countries and markets and sells its products in more than 85 countries worldwide.
We have a vacancy for a Corporate Contract Attorney to serve as an in-house counsel to manage the Oro Agri Group commercial agreements and transactions. The incumbent will advise the company on legal rights and duties at Oro Agri’s legal department based in Strand, Western Cape.
- Consult and handle all corporate transactions inclusive of drafting agreements such as distribution, letters of intent, confidentiality, regulatory letters, letters of access, etc.
- Develop company policy and position on legal contract governance
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with contractual terms
- Liaise as appropriate across functional disciplines w.r.t commercial contracts
- Liaise with General Managers across global jurisdictions with regards to contractual requirements and support
- Liaise with and manage outside contract counsel on a global basis
- Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials, etc.) as and when required
- Draft and administer all contracts
- Negotiate deals and attend company meetings.
- BS degree in Law or equivalent
- At least 5 years PQE
- Proven comparable in-house or law firm experience
- Proven background on corporate law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcies)
- Ideally have experience of intellectual property rights and licensing provisions in commercial agreements, whilst liaising with the in-house IP attorney
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Good computer skills
- Current licence to practise law.
The company offers a market-related and competitive remuneration package and benefits.
To apply, kindly send your CV as soon as possible to Joep Joubert at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.